Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Shopping is Good for the Soul

In an effort to cheer myself up and prepare for our trip to Melbourne coming up, I ventured into the city yesterday. I have no idea why I have avoided doing this for so long, it really doesn't take long and all of my favourite shops are there. I managed to find a lovely thick double breasted cobalt coat, which just happens to have the softest lining known to man. I found a tight (yet slimming) bodycon dress with an Aztec/geo inspired print for only $9! I also bought a black lace collared dress (can you believe I haven't had a LBD in ages), which looks great with my cobalt coat. I found a beautiful pair of gold and teal earrings from Colette (my new favourite store for jewellery and bags). And for those cold winter nights I bought two more harem style pyjama pants (one in a delicate small floral print, the other a black and white geo print) and thick knee high bed socks!

It's safe to say I will not continue to shop at my local shops for clothing any more, I always feel disappointed when I cannot find something I like, or the things I like are too expensive. I also managed to find a lovely toiletry bag for Aaron and myself, his is manly of course.

I am so excited to go to Melbourne next Monday. I have written my check list of things I need to take, it's three pages long. It's safe to say I will be taking almost everything I own, who knows what I will need in the ten days we are there? We are staying at the Oaks on Collins in a studio executive apartment for nine days, and then the Crown Towers for two. It's going to be wonderful, I need this holiday. I will be blogging while we're there as well... when the opportunity presents itself.

P.s. I wanted to include a photo of my purchases, but unfortunately my phone chucks a wobbly when I try to take a photo, which by the way is why the instagram photo challenge is on hold for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment