Today I was feeling a little bit down and restless. I wasn't able to go and see my Mama and Daddy, and I have really been missing them lately. I was pretty much laying in bed all morning watching repeats of shows I have already seen a million times. You see, Uni holidays seem to last forever... I swear if we didn't get so many holidays the course could be chopped in half - and we wouldn't have to work so hard during the time we have to study. But that is a whole other story, one which I may continue my rant about later.
Anyways, I was complaining to Aaron about this and he told me to go for a walk down to the shops, for something to do and even a little bit of retail therapy. I figured there were some toiletries and such I needed to get so I got dressed and began what I thought would be a horrible and exhausting mission, since I was feeling lethargic and all. I got down to the park and sat on a log for a couple of minutes, in an attempt to prepare myself. But then I thought to myself - enjoy the walk, take in your surroundings, just smile and I pulled myself out of my unhappy state of mind. So I walked and I took in the children playing happily on the playground, interacting and laughing. I watched the mothers sitting together and proudly discussing their children and gossiping. I took in the pond with the ducks and the few ducklings that are left at this time of year. I watched the birds chirping and flying around... whilst avoiding the magpies and crows. I smelt the fresh air and felt the wind in my hair. It was strangely wonderful.
So, the point of my post today is, sometimes you need to stop and take in the world around you. If you are stressed, depressed, sad or even lonely, just stop and open your eyes. In my opinion I am so lucky to live in this country - it may be very hot at times, but even in the middle of summer - there are vivid colours everywhere, breeze and pure sunshine.
And today it has put a smile on my face and even inspired me to write.

No comments:
Post a Comment