Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions

It's fascinating how every year the entire population make new years resolutions, and perhaps it's the not the best thing to do on new years eve, or even a couple days later because most of us will have been intoxicated and then recovering from our celebrations. Let's be honest, we don't make the best choices whilst under the influence and during the hangover our only resolution will be to never drink again and perhaps even join a convent. So here we are it's January 4, and yes I am regretting pouring those bottles of champagne down the sink, but I am ready to make a resolution that I may actually be able to attain, and more importantly, that I actually want to attain. Of course there are many things I want to change, but I have faith that they will work themselves out as the year progresses. My only resolution is to be the best student I can possibly be.

As I come to the realisation that this year will have no room for excess fun and relaxation, I can also smell a hint of success in the distance. More than anything I want to finish my Bachelor with more than a 70% average and venture on into Honours. Of course there will be obstacles in the way, but I am hoping I can develop some strange meditative trance to get through them, and if all else fails I am sure the Vienna coffee jar in the pantry, and myself will become very well acquainted throughout the year.

One year, five units per semester, four days a week on campus, countless hours of study into the early hours of the morning, and very little sleep. Here I come.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment